Wednesday, July 09, 2008

No Hit, please...

So, Celeste and I are now licensed to drive in Japan! The title of this post was what my "behind the wheel" Japanese instructor kept on saying as I was trying to make right turns during my driving test. And, he was very patient with me, but I could sense the anxiety in his voice as I attempted to drive on the left side of the road for the first time. But, I passed. And, Celeste kicked my butt on the written test. I barely passed, and she scored in the high 90s. Show off.

I remember when I was sixteen and Geoff had just gotten back from his mission in Japan that he gave me two green & yellow magnets to place on my car. This was a warning to Japanese drivers that the person operating the vehicle was a NEW driver. Well, guess what? Celeste and I went out and purchased some for our car.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I thought driving in Naples, Italy was the worst but I think now that this is old news to me I can safely say driving in Japan on the wrong side of the road would be far scarier. Holy Cow! I'm so excited for you guys and after some culture shock sets in (cause we know it never really wears off) you'll be good to go. The Chockley's are coming to visit well, minus the 2 kiddos that is!

Whitney Larsen said...

I know it isn't PC, but I can't help but think of Sixteen Candles... "Where is my aut-o-mo-bile?"

"Lake...big lake!"

Courtney said...

WOW - i thought y'all were scary drivers here... watch out japan!