Friday, July 11, 2008

How Bazaar...

No, not "Drug Eleven" bizarre (tho, on a side note, the names for the shops make me chuckle at times. 7-11 is HUGE here and takes convenience store to a new level -- most Japanese pay bills there -- so, why not have one dedicated solely to prescription drugs...I hope). I'll have to post more on that later...

But, on to today's events:

We went to a local bazaar that had all sorts of goodies for sale. There was some beautiful furniture, wonderful artwork, and some brilliant pottery and dishes. The furniture was a bit expensive for what we were prepared to buy, but we picked up some trinkets. As you can tell, the kids each purchased some Kokeshi dolls. Nana, expect some of these so that you can add to your insane Nutcracker collection. And, I picked out some new dishes (we don't have our stuff from the states yet, so we have been using paper plates for the past 4 weeks).

I wish I had taken my camera to document the actual shopping, alas, you'll have to just look at the result of it. Sorry...or, sumimasen.

5 comments:

tlchang said...

Living on the far side of the country as I do, I tend to be behind on all the family news - remind me why you are in Japan?

Courtney said...

i love the blue dishes... blue is my color!

ps - tara hayes is in the navy & is stationed there for the next 3 YEARS :(

Whitney Larsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney Larsen said...

Those names are amusing.

I remember when Geoff was on his mission, he sent me this beautiful linen stationary with an intricate floral design. The script at the bottom read, "I love that burst of sweat after active sports!"

I wonder what the sentiment was that they were trying to express...

lesley & robert said...

i love it! and am so jealous! I can't wait to come for a visit and do some shopping of my own...
did you happen to find any geisha flip flops? hint-hint...
tee-hee